Submit an event
Connecting LGBTQ+ students—to each other, to resources, and to relevant programming—is one of our primary organizing principles. We’re thrilled to offer this community calendar as an opportunity for you to spread the word about your upcoming LGBTQIA+ campus or community event, right here in the Midwest. Check out our guidelines and submission requirements below, then submit your event.
- This is a public calendar, so events should be open to all members of your institution or community.
- Examples of posted events include:
- Community- or campus-wide LGBTQIA+ events (festivals, workshops, entertainment, temporary exhibits/exhibition, conferences/conventions)
- Meetings to organize and prepare your school's delegation to bid for or attend MLBGTACC
- Community crisis response to local or national events
- We recommend that all entries be submitted no less than 14 calendar days prior to the date of the event to ensure there is ample time for review, approval, and exposure. But, we know great opportunities can make themselves known at the 11th hour, so don't hesitate to reach out even if it's after that date.
- All submission forms must be filled out entirely, including description of event and contact information. Forms with blank entry fields or no description cannot be posted.
- Entries should include a photo (at least 494x205px) and affirm in writing that we have the right to reproduce it under these conditions.
- All submissions are subject to approval. Submissions that will NOT be published include but are not limited to:
- Incomplete submissions
- Events outside of the Midwest, except those related to Institute programs open to students outside the Midwest (i.e. organizing a Florida delegation to MBLGTACC). How do we see the Midwest? See our geographic footprint.
- Solicitations or organizational promotion disguised as an “event”
- Political events and worship services
- Submissions that are false, misleading, libelous, or deceptive, or those with hateful, defamatory, or other unapproved content
- Regular, recurring events (i.e. “Free Thursdays,” weekly meet-ups, daily classes, etc.)
- Non-LGBTQIA+ or non-intersectional events (i.e. fitness classes, chess clubs, etc.)
Submitting your event
Your event submission should include:
- Title of the event
- Host(s) or hosting organizations
- URL of host(s) website or Facebook page
- Contact information for your group
- Date(s) and start time(s) of event
- End time(s) of event (if applicable)
- Location of event (room number, building, street or campus address, city, state, ZIP)
- Image (at least 494x205px)
- RSVP URL (optional)
Submit your event now
The Institute reserves the right to edit and publish event submissions at our discretion. You will be notified if your event cannot be approved.
Like our calendar? Share it with your colleagues on campus and around the country. Then come back to learn about all the exciting work going on at these colleges and universities.